Deep Cleaning Service by Olivia’s
Ideal For a One-Time Cleaning, Move-In Cleaning, Move-Out Cleaning, and Rental Property Cleaning
Save 15% on your 1st Deep Cleaning Service!
Sign Up for Regular Cleanings and Get 35%* Off Your 1st Deep Cleaning!
*mention this promo while booking. call us for details.
What is a Deep Cleaning?
A Deep Cleaning is more like a spring cleaning or perhaps a “catch up” cleaning. Before we can begin the regular/maintenance cleaning of your home or office, there are a variety of first time tasks that require extra time and effort. A Deep Cleaning is perfect for your first visit, or if you do not want to stay on a regular maintenance cleaning schedule.
There is a big difference between “old” dirt and “new” dirt. If we don’t get rid of the old dirt, removing new dirt isn’t going to make your space sparkling clean. It’s not uncommon for us to spend three or four times longer on a first cleaning than it takes us on a regular maintenance cleaning.
Perhaps no one has vacuumed behind or beneath your couch for a while (we move what we can.) Window sills, stove tops and hoods, baseboards and doors are prime candidates for dust and dirt after long periods of neglect. Kitchen cabinets, countertops and appliances usually require extra attention on our first visit as well.
And if we don’t spend the time and effort to get the shower doors, tracks, stall, walls, bathtub, fixtures and floors thoroughly cleaned, they just won’t look really clean no matter how often we visit.
How often should I get a Deep Cleaning done for my St. Louis area home?
It’s typically recommended to have a deep cleaning at least once or twice a year to maintain a clean and healthy home environment. It makes it easier to effectively to conduct regular cleanings as well.
What should be included in a Deep Cleaning Checklist?
We will help you determine and customize the items done during your deep cleaning. However, a deep cleaning checklist for a home should include a thorough cleaning of each room with attention to often overlooked areas. Here’s a basic example:
- Kitchen: Clean appliances (inside and out), scrub the stove top, clean inside the oven, deep clean the refrigerator, clean under the sink, wash the trash can, mop the floor.
- Bathrooms: Scrub toilet (inside and out), clean shower/bath including tiles and grout, clean mirrors, wash countertops and sinks, mop the floor.
- Bedrooms and Living Areas: Dust all surfaces, vacuum or mop floors, clean under furniture, clean baseboards, clean windows and sills, clean light fixtures and ceiling fans.
- Other Areas: Clean inside the fireplace, wash walls, clean carpets, dust and clean blinds, clean air vents.
Remember, a deep clean goes beyond the surface level to tackle dirt, grime and dust that regular cleaning can miss.
How Long Does a Deep Cleaning for your Home take?
A comprehensive deep home cleaning can vary in duration based on several factors such as the size of the home, the amount of dirt and clutter, and the specific deep cleaning tasks to be performed. On average, it can take anywhere from 4 to 10 hours for a professional cleaning team to perform a deep cleaning on a standard-sized home. This is considering a team of 2-5 cleaners at work. However, larger homes or those requiring additional attention might need a full day or more. It’s important to remember that deep cleaning involves meticulous attention to every corner, surface, and object in the home, which inevitably takes more time than a regular cleaning service.
Olivia’s Cleaning – Highly Rated St. Louis Deep Cleaners
We make every effort to do the best job possible for you. If you have things picked up and put away we are better able to do the “dirty work.” Getting things up off the floor really helps – often putting clutter in a container (laundry baskets) is the perfect solution. If you just can’t get things organized before we come, no problem, we can either declutter and organize and clean, or clean what we can get to.
Olivia’s Cleaning has outstanding ratings and an incredible track record of customer satisfaction. Give us a call today!
Request a Quote
Cleaned Homes and Counting
Happy Clients and Counting
Years in Business
Items Typically Cleaned During a Deep Cleaning Appointment
Items/Areas Cleaned by Olivia’s:
- Ceiling fan blades (hand washed reachable on a 3 step ladder or wiped)
- Light fixtures (wiped in place/not removed)
- Cobwebs removed
- Blinds and shutters (vacuumed or wiped w/micro fiber)
- Moldings and woodwork, window sills, and lock ledges (wet wiped)
- Baseboards (hand washed or wiped, reachable w/out moving furniture)
- Lamps and lampshades (dusted or vacuumed w/ attachment)
- Pictures and knick-knacks (hand wiped)
- Furniture (polished, fronts, sides, legs)
- Outside and inside of refrigerator (hand washed or wiped)
- Outside of appliances cleaned / inside microwave, clean inside oven Stove top (lifted and clean) and drip pans scrubbed
- All cabinet fronts (for vacancies wipe out all cabinets and drawers)
- All doors (wiped)
- Light switch plates (wiped)
- Countertops and backsplashes (wiped)
- All sinks (scrubbed/disinfected)
- Mirrors (cleaned all way to top)
- Tub/shower and tiles (double scrubbed if build up)
- All bathroom counters and fixtures (sanitized- for vacancies wipe out all cabinets and drawers)
- Waste baskets (emptied/washed/relined)
- Beds made changed if sheets left out
- Stairs (vacuumed, wood washed)
- Floors vacuumed and/or mopped
- Closets (vacuumed and shelves wiped off) vacancies clean inside
- Garage organization, sweep, vacuum,
- Basement organization, sweep, vacuum
You may want to consider inside window, for your customized Deep Clean. These services will be scheduled and organized for efficiency and your convenience.